CYPSC: Enhancing child and youth well-being was the title of 2018's CYPSC National Event. The two-day event gathered CYPSC leaders, stakeholders and supporters together for a "think-in" on Day 1 and a conference style event on Day 2.
The Minister for Children and Youth Affairs. Dr. Katherine Zappone T.D. opened the Day Two conference commenting on how inspired she felt having met and spoken with each local CYPSC in the event's exhibition space, where local CYPSC work was on display.
The event was hosted by Tusla, the Child and Family Agency in conjunction with the Department of Children and Youth Affairs. It aimed to
- Promote and demonstrate the benefits and impact of the CYPSC model of interagency working for children, young people and service providers
- Facilitate knowledge exchange and learning across CYPSC and between CYPSC leaders, policy makers and service providers.
Day One gathered CYPSC leaders together and using a mix of methodologies provided an opportunity for CYPSC leads from across Ireland to
- meet and engage with their counterparts from CYPSC throughout the country
- learn about positive and transferrable examples of CYPSC work in other counties
- tease out challenges encountered at the CYPSC table and identify potential solutions.
Day Two embraced a wider audience of CYPSC members and CYPSC sub group members, funders, policy makers CYPSC staff. Each CYPSC met with the Minister for Children and Youth Affairs and showcased their work.
The strengths and successes of the CYPSC model of inter-agency were highlighted at three "Sharing Zones" dedicated to elaborating on some exemplars of CYPSC work under selected themes;
- Supporting the Implementation of Healthy Ireland,
- Supporting and responding to the needs of LGBTI+ young people and
- Responding to the develpment needs of children and young people experiencing homelessness.
Keynote speakers on Day Two tackled the subject of collaborative leadership in public services. Anne O'Connor Deputy Director General, Interim Chief Operations Officer at the Health Service Executive outlined the complex context within which services are being delivered, the challenges encountered and some professional reflections on her own leadership experience and journey to date.
To download Anne's presentation Click here.
Professor Ciaran O'Boyle Director of the Institute of Leadership and Royal College of Surgeons Professor of Psychology provided an engaging presentation and workshop on Leaders and Leadership.
Conference attendees can request a copy of Professor O'Boyle's presentation by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attendance over the two days exceeded 160 individuals across a specturm of services, work disciplines and interests.
To download the Day Two conference programme Click here.
To read the CYPSC: Enhancing child and youth well-being Press Release Click here.
To view photo images from the event visit pages 1,2 and 3 of our Photo Gallery.