Wexford CYPSC recently launched its initial Children and Young Peoples Plan 2017-2019.
Some of the priorities identified by Wexford CYPSC in the CYPP are outlined below;
Outcome 1 : Active and Healthy, Physical and Mental Wellbeing;
- Youth Mental Health : supporting and educating young people re: looking after their mental health.
- Youth Sexual Health : supporting the development of a dedicated youth sexual health programme for Co. Wexford.
- LGBTI : increasing visibility of LGBTI young people in healthcare settings and increasing capacity of health professionals re: communication with LGBTI patients.
- Obesity Prevention : developing initiatives to raise awareness of the issue of childhood obesity.
Outcome 2 : Achieving Full Potential in Learning and Development;
- Early Years Literacy : supporting the development of early years literacy and numeracy
- Transition Routes : supporting access to education and completion routes for children and young people from birth to 24 years of age.
Outcome 3 : Safe and Protected from Harm;
- Restorative Practice : promoting and supporting the development of a restorative practice approach throughout the county.
- Rural Isolation : addressing the needs of children, young people and families experiencing rural isolation.
- Early Years Parenting : supporting the needs of early years parents.
- Domestic Violence : promoting an inter-agency response to the issue of domestic violence to ensure better outcomes for women and children.
- Bullying and Cyber-Bullying : promoting responsible use of social media among children and young people.
Outcome 4 : Economic Security and Opportunity;
- Early School Leaving : utilising a collaborative approach to prevent early school leaving.
- Youth Unemployment : working with partner agencies and supporting the LCDC in rolling out actions in the LECP.
Outcome 5 : Connected, Respected and Contributing to their World;
- Youth Participation : promoting and supporting the participation of children and young people at all levels of decision making.
Click here to view our membership.