Wexford CYPSC has implemented its initial "Children and Young People's Plan 2017-2019". The "Wexford Children and Young People's Plan Autumn 2020-2023" has been developed and submitted for quality assurance.
Some of the priorities identified by Wexford CYPSC for inclusion in the new CYPP are outlined below;
Outcome 1 : Active and Healthy, Physical and Mental Wellbeing;
- Promoting Early Childhood Nutrition.
- Promoting Physical Activity / Obesity Prevention
- Promoting Physical Literacy
- Promoting Infant Mental Health
- Supporting young people and their parents in relation to youth mental health and anxiety
- Capacity building for professionals in relation to disability conditions
- Capacity building for professionals in relation to mental health conditions
- Supporting LGBT+ young people and their families
- Ensuring dissemination of accurate information in relation to mental health services and referral pathways
Outcome 2 : Achieving Full Potential in Learning and Development;
- Promoting early and pre-literacy
- Supporting transitions
- Increasing access to Early Years Education
Outcome 3 : Safe and Protected from Harm;
- Supporting parenting
- Supporting those experiencing domestic and sexual violence
- Supporting families in International Protection Accommodation Centres and families who are experiencing homelessness
- Promoting the use of restorative practice
- Supporting outreach of family support services to rural areas
Outcome 4 : Economic Security and Opportunity;
- Early school leaving : utilising a collaborative approach to prevent early school leaving.
- Supporting young people who are not in education, training or employment.
Outcome 5 : Connected, Respected and Contributing to their World;
- Youth Participation : promoting and supporting the participation of children and young people at all levels of decision making.
Click here to view our membership.