The Waterford Children & Young People's Plan has highlighted the main priorities for agencies working to improve the lives of all Children and Young People living in Waterfrord City and County.
The main priorities identified the need to improve service delivery in rural areas (given the dominance of the City in service provision) and the need to improve and coordinate referral pathways of services for children and families, particularly in the area of mental health supports.
Local Priority Areas
- Improved information and referral pathways for Children and Young People's Mental Health Services
- Improved access to Support Services in Rural Areas using shared Community Hubs
- Supports / Training for Staff in frontline services in dealing with issues such as Healthy Activities, Food & Obesity, Drugs & Alcohol, Mental Health / Suicide, Cyberbullying and Internet Safety etc
- School Attendance, Participation, Retention and Early School Leaving
- Strengthening Transitions for children at various life stages
- Roll out of Meitheal and Prevention, Partnership and Family Support Programme
- Promotion of Waterford as a Restorative Practice Community
- Improve participation of Children, Young People and Parents in decision making in the planning and design of services
Click here to view Waterford CYPSC's membership.