Some of Limerick Children and Young People's Services Committee priorities include:
- Develop Limerick City and County as a Child-Friendly Region, this will involve ensuring that the voice of the child and the family is captured and meaningfully informs all plans that have an impact on children, that the region is developed in a way that meets the needs of children and families and that all children in the region have access to the services and supports they need to grow and develop to their full potential.
- Extend the remit of the Limerick City CYPSC to become a county-wide structure in line with the amalgamated Local Authority.
- Support the transition from Limerick Assessment of Need System (LANS) to Local Area Pathways (LAPS).
- Continue to support and develop Early Intervention and Prevention Programmes in the Early Years.
- Continue to support, develop and coordinate parenting and family supports across all levels of need.
- Continue to develop Restorative Practices across Limerick.
- Develop key initiatives in priority areas of need including Youth Mental Health, Child Health, High Needs Young People and Active Learning.
- Develop and implement high-quality, evidence-informed programmes that are responsive to identified needs, outcomes-focused and informed by regular review and evaluation.
Click here to view our membership.