There are 4 Sub-Groups under Wexford CYPSC. All Sub-Groups have been involved in an extensive consultation process to identify key priority actions for the new Wexford Children and Young People's Plan Autumn 2020-2023. See details below.
Young People and Mental Health
Chair: Mary O'Loughlin, Manager Taghmon Family Resource Centre.
National Outcome 1 : "Active and Healthy, Physical and Mental Wellbeing".
Priorities : The “Young People and Mental Health” Sub Group have identified the following key priorities;
- Promoting infant mental health,
- Supporting young people and parents in relation to youth mental health and anxiety
- Capacity building for professionals in relation to mental health
- Capacity building for professionals in relation to disability conditions
- Supporting young LGBT+ people and their families
- Dissemination of information concerning mental health services in the county.
Learning and Development
Chair: Deirdre Power, CEO Wexford County Childcare Committee.
National Outcome 2 : "Achieving full potential in all areas of Learning and Development".
Priorities : The Learning and Development Sub-Group have identified three key areas;
- Promoting Early Literacy Development
- Supporting Transitions
- Increasing access to Early Years Services and Library Services
Health and Diversity
Chair: Mandi Tighe, Manager Gorey Youth Needs Group.
National Outcome 1: "Active and Healthy, with Physical and Mental Wellbeing".
Priorities : The Health and Diversity Sub Group has identified three key focus areas to date;
- Promoting Early Childhood Nutrition
- Promoting Physical Activity / Obesity Prevention
- Increasing Physical Literacy
Prevention, Partnership and Family Support
Chair: Tony Kennedy, Senior Manager for PPFS Waterford and Wexford.
National Outcome 3 : "Safe and Protected from Harm"
Priorities : This Sub Group is concentrating on the following priority areas;
- Supporting Parents
- Domestic and Sexual Abuse
- Supporting Restorative Practice
- Supporting families in International Protection Accommodation Centres and familes experiencing homelessness
- Promoting the use of restorative practice
To find another CYPSC Click here.