Wexford CYPSC News and Resources Updates.
A weekly newsletter is issued to CYPSC members. Copies of the newsletter can be accessed here.
Useful Links and Resources to support Displaced Children and Families from Ukraine.
- "Overcoming the Psychological Effects of Trauma" from Clonea Model, SECH, click here
- "Rapid Response Psychology Tool" - Time of War Resources, click here
- "Child Development and Trauma Guide" - Government of Western Australia, click here
Child Welfare and Protection;
- Tusla Child and Family Agency have a page dedicated to the Ukraine response, to access click here
- "You and Me Let's Talk" : Useful Phrases for Early Years Practitioners (multiple languages), click here
- Parent and Carers Guide to School Applications - English, click here
- Parent and Carers Guide to School Applications - Ukrainian, click here
- "Supporting the Wellbeing of Children from Ukraine in your School" - Guide developed by NEPS, click here.
- "Schools of Sanctuary Ireland" hosted a webinar on 23rd March 2022. The aim was to provide information and a platform to schools who are in the process of welcoming refugee children from Ukraine and elsewhere. The webinar was recorded and is available to view below. For more information on how to become a "School of Santuary", click here.
An Garda Síochána (the Irish Police Force);
- An Garda Síochána Information Leaflet - English, click here
- An Garda Síochána Information Leaflet - Ukrainian and Russian, click here
Resources for Children & Young People;
- The National Parents Council has launched a helpline for parents.
To access information on the helpline in English click here, Ukrainian : click here, Russian : click here.
- "Together with Refugees" - Childrens' Books Ireland, click here
- "Guidance on Talking to Children About War" - Barnardos, click here
- "Supporting Children and Young People in a Time of War". Advice for Parents and Guardians (NEPS). Click here.
- Wexford Public Library Service has information on Resources for People from Ukraine arriving in Co. Wexford.
To access the English version click here
To access the Ukrainian version, click here
- Health Service Executive (HSE) : Ukrainian nationals arriving in Ireland are able to access up to date information about accessing health services at the following link : click here
- Department of Justice : To access a FAQ page for Ukraine nationals and residents of Ukraine, click here
- Regional Education and Language Teams (REALT) : These teams have a role in assisting families to access school places. To access information on REALT, click here.
- Department of Social Protection : Information on social welfare supports for those arriving from Ukraine, click here
- Gov.ie : Details of supports available to Ukrainin citizens as a result of the Temporary Protection Directive, click here
- An Post : There are five key supports available for Ukrainian refugees through An Post, click here
- Citizen's Information : There is a dedicated page for people who have family in Ukraine or for people in Ukraine who plan to travel to Ireland or have recently arrived, click here.
Useful Links During Coronavirus (COVID-19).
#HereForYouSouthEast : The HSE Suicide Resource Office in collaboration with the Children & Young People's Services Committees in the South East hosted a Bereavement Support Campaign. Commencing on September 6th 2021 and over the course of eight weeks, eight organisations that provide services and supports to people who are experiencing grief and loss were profiled. Each week, an information sheet, promotional video and other useful resources were released. There are also materials that can be shared on social media. For further information and to access social media assets for each week of the campaign, please click here.
General Health Guidance;
Follow HSE.ie and Gov.ie/Health for expert, accurate and informative public health information regarding Coronavirus COVID-19, its symptoms and the simple steps you can take to limit its effects.
The following resources may also be useful;
- Wexford Parents Hub can be accessed on the Wexford CYPSC website. Click here for more information. The Hub also operates a Facebook page which can be accessed here.
- Parents Centre - This resource was developed by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs. During the COVID-19 measures, parents are managing a range of new challenges in a number of areas of life. The Parents Centre is a central information point where parents can get high quality, trusted information and support. It will be updated as new information becomes available. To find out more click here.
- "Lets Play Ireland" is a new government-led initiative aimed at promoting play for all children living in Ireland during the COVID-19 emergency. For more information on the initiative, click here. To view other videos and lots more play and learning ideas for young children, click here.
- Supporting Parents and Families Through Summer 2020. A publication by the Genesis Programme. To access click here.
- Mental Health : www.YourMentalHealth.ie
- Samaritans have a 24/7 listening service at 116 123
- Pieta House have a National Suicide Helpline at 1800 247 247
- Peadar Maxwell, Senior Psychologist in Co. Wexford gives tips on talking to children about COVID-19 in this short YouTube video. To view, click here.
- Parentline is a free national confidential helpline for parents. For more information click here. Support is also available by phoning 1800 927 927
- Tusla Parenting 24-Seven has tips for parents on what works at different developmental stages. Please click here for more information.
- Traveller Community - there is now a specific helpline number for members of the Traveller Community. Phone / text 083 100 6300.
- Webwise provides free information, advice and resources to help parents, teachers and students address internet safety issues. Click here for more information.
For Children and Young People;
- Jigsaw, national centre for youth mental health, click here for more information.
- Spunout, Ireland Youth Information website, click here for more information.
- BeLongTo provides support to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender young people. Please click here for more information.
- Childline provides an active listening service for young people under 18 years of age. Click here for more information. Tel 1800 66 66 66 or Free Tex 50101
- Teenline can be contacted 24 hours a day 365 days per year by calling 1800 833 634. Click here for more information.
The National Suicide Bereavement Support Guide "You Are Not Alone" is now available to download. Click here to access.
The Irish Hospice Foundation have produced a "Support for Grieving in Exceptional Times". Click here to access.
Wexford Children and Young People's Services Committee Website
Find services in Co. Wexford for children, young people and families including Education, Family Support, Health, Mental Health & Child Welfare.
To view Wexford CYPSC website click here.
Wexford Parents Hub.
Wexford Parents Hub now has a dedicated section on the Wexford CYPSC website. The Hub is a central point of contact for parents in Co. Wexford and provides information on supports and paretning programmes. To view the Parents Hub click here.
To find another CYPSC Click here.