Wexford Services: Alternative Service Arrangements During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Restrictions.
Wexford statutory and community / voluntary organisations have adapted the way they deliver services during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions. Many are working remotely and utilising technology and social media to continue to support children, young people and families at this challenging time. The CYPSC Co-ordinator is compiling and distributing regular Service Updates to service providers. Please click here to see the alternative service arrangements that are currently in place.
Useful Links During Coronavirus (COVID-19).
General Health Guidance;
Follow HSE.ie and Gov.ie/Health for expert, accurate and informative public health information regarding Coronavirus COVID-19, its symptoms and the simple steps you can take to limit its effects.
The following resources may also be useful;
- Wexford Parents Hub can be accessed on the Wexford CYPSC website. Click here for more information. The Hub also operates a Facebook page which can be accessed here.
- Parents Centre - This resource was developed by the Department of Children and Youth Affairs. During the COVID-19 measures, parents are managing a range of new challenges in a number of areas of life. The Parents Centre is a central information point where parents can get high quality, trusted information and support. It will be updated as new information becomes available. To find out more click here.
- Lets Play Ireland is a new government-led initiative aimed at promoting play for all children living in Ireland during the COVID-19 emergency. For more information on the initiative, click here. To view other videos and lots more play and learning ideas for young children, click here.
- Samaritans have a 24/7 listening service at 116 123
- Pieta House have a National Suicide Helpline at 1800 247 247
- Peadar Maxwell, Senior Psychologist in Co. Wexford gives tips on talking to children about COVID-19 in this short YouTube video. To view, click here.
- Parentline is a free national confidential helpline for parents. For more information click here. Support is also available by phoning 1800 927 927
- Tusla Parenting 24-Seven has tips for parents on what works at different developmental stages. Please click here for more information.
- Traveller Community - there is now a specific helpline number for members of the Traveller Community. Phone / text 083 100 6300.
- Webwise provides free information, advice and resources to help parents, teachers and students address internet safety issues. Click here for more information.
For Children and Young People;
- Jigsaw, national centre for youth mental health, click here for more information.
- Spunout, Ireland Youth Information Website, click here for more information.
- BeLongTo provides support to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and transgender young people. Please click here for more information.
- Childline provides an active listening service for young people under 18 years of age. Click here for more information. Tel 1800 66 66 66 or Free Tex 50101
- Teenline can be contacted 24 hours a day 365 days per year by calling 1800 833 634. Click here for more information.
Wexford Children and Young People's Services Committees Website
Find services in Co. Wexford for children, young people and families including Education, Family Support, Health, Mental Health & Child Welfare.
To view Wexford CYPSC website Click here
Wexford Parents Hub.
Wexford Parents Hub now has a dedicated section on the Wexford CYPSC website. The Hub is a central point of contact for parents in Co. Wexford and provides information on supports and paretning programmes. To view the Parents Hub click here.
To find another CYPSC Click here.