Support for Ukrainians
As the number of Ukrainians fleeing war seek refuge in Ireland, the supports that are available are increasing too. Information below provides some information that services or families may find useful to access support or guidance.
For services providing support, aUkrainian cultural guide summary has been developed by Points of LIght with Peace Corps Ukraine which outlines some general points of understanding. The Psychological Society of Ireland - Psychological First Aid for Refugee Care: Helpful Do's and Don'ts: A Rapid Response Psychology Tool is a useful guide for practice which services may also find useful.
Official websites for information: Click on the links below to go to official webpages.
Supports for Children and Young People
- Early Years - Childcare Information: translated information (Russian and Ukrainian) for parents from Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth. See updated documents in English, Ukrainian and Russian
- School Placements Regional Education and language Teams (REALTS) have been set up by the Department of Education to ensure families access to primary and post primary school places nationally. A list of contacts and translated information can be found here.
- National Parents Council - Ukrainian helpline to support children and families in education in Ireland See information in English, Ukrainian and Russian
- Third Level Support - Central Helpdesk at Maynooth University NSRHelpdesk@mu.ie or call +353 (0)1 474 7788. See press release.
Emplyment and Social Welfare
Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault Supports and Services
- Domestic Abuse - translated information from Sonas Domestic Abuse supports can be found in English, and Ukrainian. Further information at https://www.domesticabuse.ie/ or call the helpline at 1800 22 22 23.
- Domestic Violence translated posters (developed by Hill Street FRC) - various services - English, Russian
- Sexual Assault Services information - English, Ukrainian, Russian
- Ballymun and Cabra - Dublin Northwest Partnership - contact information on attached posters.
- National search at https://www.thirdageireland.ie/failte-isteach/locations
- Social Community Event - May 6th 2022 3pm - 6pm - Ballymun Setanta GAA
Dublin Services List for Children, Young People and Families - see www.dublincypscdirectory.ie with language selection available.