The Clare Children and Young People's Services Committee was first established in December 2016.
The Co. Clare Children and Young People’s Plan 2018 - 2020 will operate under the following core guiding principles:
- Enhancing existing work in the area of children and family services in the County
- Coordinate practice and service provision in the area of children and family services in the County
- Strengthen and embed existing positive relationships between service providers in the County into standardised good practice
- Identify gaps in service provision in the County whereby new innovative interventions and/or collaborations could meet those un-serviced needs and advocate for additional needs.
Better Outcomes Brighter Futures 2014 – 2020:
The Co. Clare Children and Young People’s Plan will endeavour to promote the 6 transformational goals in order to achieve the national outcomes:
- Support parents
- Earlier intervention & prevention
- Listen to and involve children and young people
- Ensure quality services
- Strengthen transitions
- Promote cross-government and interagency collaboration & coordination