Healthy, both physically and mentally:
- Play and recreation – developing a play policy for the county and increasing play infrastructure.
- Food and Nutrition – increasing the physical health of families by making accessible a range of courses on food and nutrition in the county.
- Physically Active – promoting/facilitating active lifestyles, increasing the number of children participating in programmes.
- Housing/Homelessness – establishing link with housing Strategic Policy Committee (SPC) of Wicklow County Council.
- Disability – linking with established Wicklow Disability Local Implementation Group.
- Youth Mental Health – range of activities: to promote positive mental health, to ensure the participation of young people in developing/roll out of initiatives, increasing accessibility to services and sustaining current provision, strengthening interagency links to support more effective integration of services at local level, support all those impacted by sudden traumatic incidents, engagement of drug and alcohol services, target schools in Co. Wicklow with regard to promoting positive mental health and supports as appropriate.
Supported in Active Learning:
- Interagency Literacy and Numeracy Campaign – interagency approach to raising awareness of literacy and numeracy.
- Training in Literacy and Numeracy for those working with families and young people.
- Building Literacy and Numeracy capacity with parents and young children.
- Tackling the issue of transitions from primary to secondary school.
Safe from accidental and intentional harm/ Secure in the immediate & wider physical environment:
- Safe and Secure – a number of activities such as the Garda Schools Programme, engaging Community Policing Teams with young people through sporting and other clubs.
- Domestic Violence – establish link with existing Domestic Violence services and raising awareness of the impact of Domestic Violence on families.
- Link with Local Community and Development Committee [LCDC].
- Collaboration with and between the Department of Social Protection and Local Partnership Companies and other relevant bodies to provide services and supports that impact on the economic circumstances of families.
Part of positive networks of family, friends, neighbours and the community/Included and participating in society:
- Map of Services working in the area of family support.
- Early Intervention/Prevention – development of protocols to ensure an effective interagency response to welfare concerns. Supporting new SPECS [Supporting Parents and Childhood Services] three year ABC programme in Bray.
- Support the implementation of Children First – ensure availability and good uptake of training.
- Parenting courses – identify courses being delivered to avoid duplication and to promote an interagency approach to delivery.
- Teenage Parents – identify numbers of teen parents and services providing support.
- Interface/Communication/Cooperation between agencies – development of appropriate protocols. Implementation of Meitheal in Co. Wicklow.
- This priority focuses on: research, data collection, maintaining a co-ordinator, ensuring representation on relevant bodies, raising awareness of the CYPSC initiative and gaining buy-in from all agencies.
Click here to view our membership.