Information and Research
Chair: Jim Walsh, Cork Institute of Technology
Socio-demographic profile of children and families in Cork and County completed
Literature review on the social and emotional wellbeing of children and young people completed with recommendations made to CYPSC for the 3 year Children and Young People's Plan
Chair: Stephanie Whyte, Barnardos
- The supporting Parents Sub group have identified the following actions:
- Campaign to promote key messages to parents
- Identifying and signposting of universal services for parents
- Interagency appoach to co-ordinating evidence based programmes that support parents
- Promotion of the parent champion role
Children and Young People's Participation
Chair:Tracey Holt, CYPSC Co-ordinator
The Children and Young People's participation subgroup is working on its Terms of Reference.
We are presently exploring best practice and mechanisms for ensuring the voice of the child and young person is heard, and how we can support professionals with the development of a culture of participation.
A decision was also made by the Chair to bring one existing group under the umbrella of the CYPSC as a Sub-Group:
Prevention, Partnership and Family Support
Chair: Diarmuid O'Driscoll, Tusla- The Child and Family Agency
To find another CYPSC click here.