We have 3 Sub Groups:
i) Information and Research
Chair Person: Jim Walsh (Cork Institute of Technology)
- Socio-demographic profile of children and families in Cork and County Completed
- Literature review on the social and emotional wellbeing of Children and young people completed with recommendations made to CYPSC for the 3 year Children and Young People's Plan
- Audit of Services being piloted in one Rural and One Urban setting
ii) Supporting Parents
Chair Person: Stephanie Whyte (Barnardos)
The supporting Parents Sub group have identified the following actions:
1. Campaign to promote key messages to parents
2. Identifying and signposting of Universal services for Parents
3. Interagency appoach to coordinating evidence based programmes that support parents
4. Promotion of the Parent Champion role
iii) Children and Young People's Participation
Chair Person: Tracey Holt (Coordinator CYPSC)
The Children and Young People's participation subgroup is working on its Terms of Reference.
We are presently exploring best practice and mechanisms for ensuring the 'voice of the child and young person' is heard, and how we can support professionals with the development of a 'culture of participation'
A decision was also made by the Chair to bring one existing group under the umbrella of the CYPSC as a Sub-Group:
Prevention, Partnership and Family Support
Chair: Diarmuid O'Driscoll Tusla The Child and Family Agency
To find another CYPSC click here.