Healthy Ireland, A Framework for Improved Health and Wellbeing 2013-2025 is the national framework for action to improve the health and wellbeing of Ireland over the coming generation. Pobal administer this fund on behalf of the Department of Health.
In 2016, the Government approved the creation of a Healthy Ireland Fund with an initial allocation of €5 million approved in Budget 2017 to establish and support the implementation of Healthy Ireland programmes and projects in a variety of settings.
The primary aim of the fund is to support innovative, cross-sectoral, evidence-based projects and initiatives that support the implementation of key national policies in areas such as obesity, smoking, alcohol, physical activity and sexual health.
The Department of Health has identified the following organisations as applicants:
- Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs)
- Children and Young People’s Services Committees (CYPSCs)
LCDCs and CYPSCs can apply for funding to deliver the following types of local initiatives:
- Healthy Ireland strategic plans
- Local priorities for health and wellbeing
- Membership of Healthy Cities and Healthy Counties Network of Ireland (LCDCs only)
For more information on the National funding Progamme please go to POBAL Healthy Ireland Portal LINK